It is no secret that Promise Community Health Center loves kids! Promise loves taking care of kiddos and all their needs including medical needs like well-child visits, school physicals and more. Also dental visits including cleanings and taking care of cavities. Promise sees lots of kiddos for eye checks for school or as needed! Promise loves taking care of kids and their families!
Another service Promise Community Health Center provides for not only adults, but children as well, is behavioral health therapy. Stressful situations often cause children to worry and have many questions about why it is happening and how it can be fixed. With all the havoc and stress COVID has caused in your life have you noticed changes in your child, are they more anxious, more stressed, do they get upset about little things?
During this continuing time of COVID-19 we understand you are still anxious, frustrated, stressed and concerned. AND so are your kids. Your confidence and calm attitude will help your children ease their worries and feel safe and secure and a therapist can help!
CDC tips for COVID-19
- Keep activities as consistent and normal as possible even if your normal routine changes. Ask your children what they have heard about COVID-19. Answer questions openly and honestly, at a level they can understand. Be clear and do not avoid difficult questions.
- Allow your children to express their feelings and concerns. Let them know it is okay to be afraid or mad. Ask questions so you can help them identify and cope with their feelings.
- Children always need to feel safe and loved. When they are uncertain about situations and afraid they may need even more affection and attention. o Limit exposure to media and adult conversations about COVID-19. If your children are watching television, try to watch with them or make sure you are available to answer questions about what they have heard.
- Encourage healthy behaviors: eating well, sleeping well, and playing outside.
- Use their questions as an opportunity to let them know what they can do to avoid getting COVID-19.
CDC Suggested Points to Emphasize When Talking to Children
- School and health officials are being especially careful to make sure as few people as possible get sick.
- There are things people can do to stay healthy and avoid spreading disease, such as:
- washing our hands
- covering our mouths when we cough
- not sharing food or drinks
- staying home when we don’t feel well
- Adults at home and soon at school are taking care of your health and safety. If you have concerns, please talk to an adult you trust.
For more information on COVID-19 click on the CDC link here ↪ link to CDC Website
Reach Out and Read Website
Another great resource Promise would like to share with you are these great COVID-19 books to share with your kids, from the website Reach out and Read! Click the link to the website and then click the link for Coronavirus E-Books and take a few minutes today to breath and read with your kiddos today.
Remember Promise is here to partner with your family during these long months of uncertainty.