Phase 1B of COVID-19 vaccination will be activated on February 1, 2021. Phase 1B contains the following priority group populations:
Persons aged 65 years and over. OR, the following populations vulnerable to high risk of exposure or severity of illness (listed in order of priority):
- First responders
- PK-12 staff, early childhood education, childcare workers
- Frontline essential works in food, agriculture, and manufacturing sectors who live or work in non-social distanced settings
- Individuals with disabilities living in home settings and their direct care staff
- Staff and individuals living in congregate settings not covered by previous Phase of Tier
- Government officials, including staff, engaged in business at the State Capitol
- Inspectors responsible for health, life and safety
- Correctional facility staff and individuals incarcerated
Vaccination plans in Sioux County are dependent on vaccination supply and may be subject to change. While vaccine supply is limited, priority for vaccination will be given to individuals who are the highest risk for negative outcomes of COVID-19. More information about vaccination plans will be available after the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) releases more information about the number of doses that will be available in Sioux County.
We will continue to work with IDPH and other healthcare centers in Sioux County to determine the next steps in COVID-19 vaccine administration.
For the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 vaccination plans in Sioux County, refer to www.siouxcovid.org.