SIOUX CENTER, IOWA – People often focus on the health of their children but let their own health matters slip to the background.
|A variety of screenings and information will be|
offered during an Adult Health Fair that will be
held 2-6 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 28, at the House
of Missions & Equipping (HOME) building,
located behind Culver’s and Hy-Vee on
the south side of Sioux Center.
The health fair, which will include various health screenings and information, is geared toward the Latino population with Spanish-speaking interpreters available at every station, but it is open to everyone. It is being put on in a joint partnership of Promise Community Health Center of Sioux Center, Sioux Center Health and Community Health Partners of Sioux County.
- Weight and body mass index (BMI) – free;
- Blood pressure – free;
- Dirty neck syndrome – free;
- Vision – free;
- Mental health – free;
- Diabetes – $15;
- Colon cancer – $15;
- Flu vaccine shot – $25 – and flu vaccine mist – $35;
- Men’s health;
- Women’s health, including breast cancer awareness and mammograms;
- Birth control, including Creighton Model FertilityCare System;
- Dental care;
- Vaccines for adults;
- Tobacco and e-cigarette use;
- Exercise and fitness;
- Mental, spiritual, emotional and family health.
Promise Community Health Center, headquartered in Sioux Center, is the only Federally Qualified Health Center in the far northwest corner of Iowa. To learn more, visit www.promisechc.org.
- Promise Community Health Center;
- Sioux Center Health;
- Community Health Partners of Sioux County;
- Latino Health Coalition of Sioux County;
- ATLAS of Sioux Center;
- Beaver Eye Care;
- Christian Friendship;
- Compass Pointe;
- Creative Living Center;
- Family Crisis Centers of Northwest Iowa;
- Jesus the Good Shepherd;
- Jorgensen Hearing Center;
- Northwest Iowa Community College;
- Orange City FertilityCare Center;
- Seasons Center for Behavioral Health;
- Sioux Center Public Library;
- Snap Fitness;
- And more.