June is Men’s Health Month! What better time to encourage the men in our lives to take better care of themselves. It is important for men to take care of themselves by eating healthy, exercising, and making sure they are making it to their yearly checkups. This helps you stay physically fit and prevent disease and injury.
Here are some steps you can take to stay strong and healthy:
Eat nutritious food
- By adding more fruits and vegetables to your diet you are on the road to a healthier life. Also try to limit your intake of foods that are high in sugar, salt, and fat.
Get your body moving
- Starting to get your body moving does not mean you have to go to the gym for two hours a day. Try to aim for something attainable and sustainable. Start by making it a priority to get about 2 ½ hours per week of physical activity.
Quit using tobacco
- Tobacco usage is the number one preventable cause of death in the U.S. It is also the primary cause of COPD and lung cancer, stop today.
Make it to your yearly checkups and health screenings
- Men are statistically less likely to visit a doctor for exams and preventative care. Take the time to take care of yourself and your body.
- Don’t put your mental health on the back burner. If you are struggling with your mental health, talk to your doctor and they can help you schedule an appointment with a mental health specialist.
- Men are 4x more likely to die by suicide.
Do your part to stay healthy for yourself and your loved ones. By eating healthier, exercising, quitting tobacco, and making it to your appointments, you will be ahead of the game. Promise offers various services that can facilitate this process. Receive your medical care with us and schedule to meet with a health coach to talk about the different ways you can stay healthy.
For more information and suggestions use this link: https://www.dhd10.org/mens-health-month-2022/