The staff of Promise are committed to providing high-quality, respectful, and affordable health care for all patients to improve the health and well-being of the community. We want to make sure you are aware of how you can voice a concern and/or grievance.
- Is information or feedback you want Promise Community Health Center to be aware of that is not an expression of dissatisfaction in care/services provided.
- Example: Notification and/or clarification of confusing signage or wording
- This information or feedback can be reported to any Promise staff.
- An incident, complaint, and/or concern (i.e. issue) related to the care and/or services received from your provider or member of the care team staff that can be reported verbally or written.
- Example: Disrespectful or rude behavior by member(s) of my care team.
- Any formal grievance/concern should include but is not limited to the name(s) of those involved, date/time/location, any witnesses, and a detailed account of the incident/concern.
- A formal complaint form can be requested from front desk staff, a department supervisor/manager or downloaded below.
- Please use the following steps to address your issue. DO NOT continue to the next step once your issue has been resolved.
- Step 1: (Initial)
- Address your issue with the provider/staff directly involved with the incident/complaint/concern you are filing on.
- Step 2: (Appeal)
- Address your issue with the providers/staff’s department manager
- Step 3: (Appeal)
- Step 4: (External)
- Address your issue with the Iowa Department of Inspections & Appeals: Health Facilities Division
- Lucas State Office Building; Des Moines, IA 50319
- Phone: (515) 281-4115 or (877) 686-0027
- Step 1: (Initial)
All grievances need to be filed no later than 60 days after event/issue you are reporting on. You can expect a response from Promise staff within 3 business days from the date of your “initial” complaint and 10 business days from the date of the “appeal” for any appeals (steps 2/3/4). Promise is not responsible for any direct response to an “external” complaint.