August 1-7 is World Breastfeeding Week and August is National Breastfeeding Month! Why a whole month to promote it?? Because it’s a big deal!
Promise encourages all women to breastfeed if they are able and offers assistance to the women who make it their goal to breastfeed their babies.
Happy World Breastfeeding Week!
Which of the following types of anti-infective components can be found in breastmilk?
1) Cellular components such as macrophages, neutrophils and lymphocytes
2) Immunoglobulins such as IgA and IgG
3) Lactoferrin and Lysozyme
4) All of these
Answer: 4) All of these
Which of these reasons makes breastfeeding the ideal method of feeding for the baby’s health?
1) Breastmilk has the perfect balance of nutrients for human babies.
2) Antibodies help the baby to fight infection.
3) It is always ready, sterile and the perfect temperature
4) Breastfed babies have a lower risk of SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome) and chronic conditions such as asthma, obesity, diabetes and allergies.
5) All of these
Answer: 5) All of these
Which of the following is/are an advantage of breastfeeding for the mother?
1) On average, her menstrual cycle will return later.
2) Breastfed babies usually sleep longer than formula-fed babies.
3) As newborns, most breastfed babies have a bowel movements that are more solid and they poop less.
4) Breastfeeding moms have a lower risk of ovarian cancer, breast cancer, heart disease, osteoporosis and postpartum depression.
5) 1, 3 and 4
6) All of these
Answer: 6) All of these