Receiving you annual flu shot is the best way to decrease your risk of getting sick with the flu and its complications. Here at Promise Community Health Center, we have flu shots available. You can get your flu shot at your appointment, through our drive-thru flu clinics, or call to make an appointment!
Help us FIGHT THE FLU by getting your flu shot today!
Why does Promise FIGHT THE FLU?
- The flu shot can help you from getting sick with the flu
- The flu shot can decrease the severity of the flu in those who are vaccinated and get sick
- The flu shot can help reduce the risk of hospitalizations associated with the flu
- The flu shot is an important preventative measure for those with chronic health conditions
- The flu shot can protect pregnant people during and after pregnancy
- The flu shot can be lifesaving for children
- The flu shot can help protect those around you
Is the flu vaccine safe?
Flu vaccines have a good safety record. Hundreds of millions of Americans have safely received flu vaccines over the past 50 years. Extensive research supports the safety of seasonal flu vaccines. Each year, CDC works with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and other partners to ensure the highest safety standards for flu vaccines. More information about the safety of flu vaccines is available at www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/vaccine/vaccinesafety.htm.
Why is it important to get a flu vaccine EVERY year?
Flu viruses are constantly changing, so flu vaccines may be updated from one season to the next to protect against the viruses that research suggests will be common during the upcoming flu season.
Your protection from a flu vaccine declines over time. Yearly vaccination is needed for the best protection.
The following websites are great resources regarding influenza and influenza vaccine: