The Essential Role of Men’s Yearly Physicals
Yearly physicals play a crucial role in fighting against health concerns that everyone, not just men, face in their life. Regular check-ups at medical clinics and health centers like Promise Community Health Center can help you be more aware of potential health issues, answer all your health related questions and give you advice on how to prevent serious sickness.
This article focuses on men’s jobs, workplaces and common health issues men often deal with.
We believe, that check-ups with a family practice doctor can help manage and prevent health conditions. Addressing these challenges is the first step towards managing them. You are always welcome to find a trusted medical provider here at Promise Community Health Center.– Dr. Del Lassen Promise Medical Director
Men face many health challenges in their workplaces
Understanding the unique health challenges faced by men in their professions is crucial. Through preventative care and encouragement of regular health checks, including yearly physicals, we can foster a healthier community.
Examples of Men’s Professions that are at risk higher risk for health issues:
- Men involved in Manual Labor: construction, farming and more
- The stressful nature that First Responders face: police officers, firefighters, and paramedics
- Healthcare Professionals that deal with life-and-death situations regularly: physicians, doctors, and nurses
- Active-duty Military: soldiers and veterans
- High-Stress Office Jobs: executives, lawyers, finance professionals and more
- Transport Industry Workers with tight schedules: truck drivers, pilots, more
That is why yearly physicals and even regular visits with a mental health professional can be crucial to prevent health problems and maintain overall wellness.
Examples of common health issues that many men face:
- chronic joint pain, and back pain
- disease of the heart and blood vessels
- accidents, and different physical injuries
- burnout and sleep disorders can lead to mental health issues, such as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), depression, and anxiety
- obesity from desk-bound lifestyles
And other lifestyle-related conditions underline the importance of finding a reliable healthcare provider near you. Like Promise CHC!
Scheduling yearly physicals at the Promise Community Health Center is a critical step in taking charge of men’s health. Let’s take a collective step towards a healthier community, one appointment at a time.
You can schedule an appointment for the man in your life or men make an appointment for your yearly physical by calling us at at 712.722.1700.