Do you or a family member currently have health coverage through Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)? If so, you may soon need to take steps to find out if you can continue your coverage. Medicaid will soon resume eligibility reviews. This means some people with Medicaid or CHIP could be disenrolled from those programs. However, they may be eligible to buy a health plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace, and get help paying for it.
HERE ARE SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO TO PREPARE:
- Make sure your address is up to date.
- Make sure Medicaid has your current mailing address, phone number, email or other contact information. This way, they’ll be able to contact you about your Medicaid or CHIP coverage.
- Medicaid will mail you a letter about your Medicaid or CHIP coverage. This letter will also let you know if you need to complete a renewal form to see if you still qualify for Medicaid or CHIP. If you get a renewal form, fill it out and return it to Medicaid right away. This may help you avoid a gap in your coverage.
WHAT IF YOU DON’T QUALIFY FOR MEDICAID OR CHIP?
If you or a family member no longer qualify for Medicaid or CHIP, you may be able to buy a health plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
Marketplace plans are:
- 4 out of 5 enrollees can find plans that cost less than $10 a month.
- Comprehensive. Most plans cover things like prescription drugs, doctor visits, urgent care, hospital visits, and more.
Visit HealthCare.gov to find Marketplace plans and see if you might save on premiums. When you apply, don’t forget to include current information about your household, income, and your state’s recent decision about your Medicaid or CHIP coverage.
GET MORE INFORMATION:
- Contact your state Medicaid department or visit Medicaid.gov for more information about Medicaid or CHIP renewal [ Iowa Medicaid – 1-800-338-8366 and South Dakota Medicaid – 1-605-773-4678]
- Call the Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596 to get details about Marketplace coverage. TTY users can call 1-855-889-4325.
PROMISE COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER HAS FINANCIAL COUNSELORS ON STAFF TO HELP YOU THROUGH THIS PROCESS.
Please call us and set up an appointment if you have questions, need help updating your contact information and/or need help filling out your renewal forms. 712-722-1700