In our last two mental health services articles, we walked through how to become a mental health patient at Promise and what to expect at your first therapy session. Now we will detail the different options for being able to afford therapy at Promise and answer some of your questions! Here are some common questions you might have about what it looks like to pay for therapy at Promise:
How can I afford to pay for therapy?
- Promise accepts many different insurance providers including Medicaid, we also offer patients our sliding fee program to help with the cost of therapy appointments. Anyone can apply to see if they qualify for the program. Patients who are self-pay or have a high deductible and would like to see if they qualify for a lower cost can apply for the sliding fee program.
- If we are able to check at the same moment, we will let you know what the cost for your appointment would be then. If not, the patient will receive a call before their appointment regarding what insurance will cover. Ultimately, knowing what insurance does and does not cover is the patient’s responsibility and they should consult with their insurance provider to confirm the benefits for therapy.
Are there programs at Promise that can help cover the cost?
- Promise has a program called the Healing Hearts Fund – The intent of this program is to provide access to our Mental Health Therapy program for those that have financial barriers. Healing Hearts funds are available for slide patients who are wanting to access therapy services at Promise. Our Mental Health Services Coordinator, Michelle van Beek, will coordinate with patients for the application/approval process to be part of the program.
Our mental health team is committed to joining you for every step of your mental health journey. From listening to your concerns, assessing your needs, and finding solutions that work for you, we will be with you for every step. Our Mental Health therapists provide a variety of sessions such as individual therapy, child therapy, adolescent therapy, couples therapy, online therapy, etc. Yaby Doornick, Osiris Ordaz, and Jennifer Plathe are specialized and trained in a variety of therapies such as A.R.T., EMDR, DBT, CBT, and many more.
Promise Community Health Center Mental Health Team
Promise Community Health Center offers a range of mental health services. Our mental health team collaborates with our patients to assess current coping skills, address emotional needs and work through lifelong patterns. These services are available on-site and by Telehealth by our mental health department.
Promise Community Health Center is proud to provide bilingual mental health therapy in northwest Iowa. Our bilingual therapist can provide mental health services in both English and Spanish. Promise also provides our patients with a mental health interpreter who is qualified to interpret into Spanish for Spanish speaking mental health patients. Our goal is to make sure that our patients are able to do mental health therapy in the language they feel most comfortable speaking. We are happy to have bilingual mental health therapists and counselors and a mental health interpreter to provide accessible and affordable bilingual therapy in Northwest Iowa.
What can Promise Community Health Center in Sioux Center mental health therapists help with:
- Developing & exploring effective coping skills
- Addressing emotional needs
- Working through lifelong patterns
- Working through difficult life situations
- Developing better communication skills
- and so much more!
Our mental health therapists and counselors in Sioux Center provide many therapies including:
- Individual Therapy
- Child Therapy
- Adolescent Therapy
- Couples Therapy
- Women’s Issues Therapy
- Online Therapy
- Family Therapy
Our Promise mental health therapists are specialized and trained in many different therapies including:
- Anxiety Therapy
- Trauma Therapy
- A.R.T.- Accelerated Response Therapy
- EMDR- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy
- Art Therapy
- DBT- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Generational Family Therapy
- Complex Trauma Therapy
- CBT- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Trauma Services Therapy
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Therapy
Our Sioux Center therapists and counselors are offering services to the following in our northwest Iowa communities:
- Children- Ages 8 and older
Some of our mental health therapy patients come from Sioux Center, Rock Valley, Inwood, and Rock Rapids. We also provide mental health therapy and counseling for patients from Boyden, Hull, Sheldon, George, Sibley, and Spencer. Patients needing mental health therapy or counseling also come from Le Mars, Orange City, Alton, Hawarden, and Hudson. Promise is proud to provide mental health therapy and counseling to northwest Iowa.