Promise wants to ensure that holistic health care is readily accessible to everyone, no matter their income level, ethnic background, or life situation. Our financial counselors will do everything they can to remove any potential barriers patients may face to receiving the care they need and deserve.
You may qualify for SNAP if you:
- Meet income guidelines
- Be a citizen or legal immigrant
- All children who are born in the United States can apply even if their parents are not citizens
- Please call to set up an appointment with one of our Financial Counselors and they can help assist you with the SNAP application or any questions you may have.
Please bring the following documents with you to your appointment:
- 30 days of most recent paycheck stubs
- Social Security numbers for person who will be receiving benefits
- Proof of Rent payment or Landlord questionnaire or Rent Lease or Mortgage proof
- Most recent Utility Statement/Bill (Energy, Water, Gas)
- Most recent Telephone Statement/Bill
- Non- U.S. Citizen receiving benefits need
Medicaid is a health insurance plan provided by the government that covers things like doctor’s visits, medicines, and hospital stays. All states have their own versions of Medicaid plans. These plans are for people with low income or who have disabilities. You have to qualify based on your income or sometimes based on your disability.
The Healthy and Well Kids in Iowa (hawk-i), federally known as Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), provides health coverage to nearly eight million children and families with incomes too high to qualify for Medicaid, but can’t afford private coverage. In some states, CHIP covers parents and pregnant women. Each state offers CHIP coverage, and works closely with its state Medicaid program. Some benefits covered through CHIP, include:
- Routine check-ups
- Doctor visits
- Dental and vision care
- Laboratory Services
- People who are 65 or older
- Certain younger people with disabilities
- People with End-Stage Renal Disease (permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or a transplant, sometimes called ESRD)
Over the years, Medicare has become the leading health care insurance program in the United States for seniors.
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- United States Department of Housing and Urban Development
Our Outreach Team at Promise Community Health Center is also blessed to be a part of an amazing community of ministries and local programs that benefit many people in our northwest Iowa community. Our Outreach Team can help you meet the needs you and your family face by partnering with many of these local programs. Head into Promise to meet with our team and get informed about some of the local programs and ministries below.
Click here for more information: https://promisechc.org/promise-transportation-services/
For more information please call Promise at 712-722-1700 today!