INFORMATION ON IMMIGRATION PHYSICALS
Promise Community Health Center provides immigration physicals for patients looking to become US citizens and status updated. To get your immigration physical scheduled call 712-722-1700 to get an appointment and please read thoroughly the information below.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE EXAM
- Vaccination record and/or immunity titers
- COVID-19 Vaccination Card
- A valid (not expired) government-issued photo identification, such as a valid passport or driver’s license. If you are 14 years old or younger, bring identification that shows your name, date and place of birth and parent’s full name. Possible forms of identification include your birth certificate (with an English translation) or an affidavit.
- NEW COVID VACCINE REQUIREMENTS AS OF OCTOBER 1, 2021: Must complete full COVID-19 vaccination series before the immigration physical can be completed by the civil surgeon. We can provide the medical and physical exam, but cannot sign and seal the packet until COVID-19 vaccination status is complete. This applies to everyone over the age of 12. Children ages 12 and older are eligible for Pfizer and everyone 18 and older is eligible for Moderna, Pfizer, or Johnson and Johnson.
- If the patient fails to bring in the proper paper work/documents, you will forfeit your appointment and be charged the visit cost. This fee is nonrefundable and an additional visit cost will be charged to reschedule another appointment.
- Once your physical is complete and you come to pick up your packet, you will be required to pay your full balance due. Promise accepts cash, money order, VISA, Mastercard, and American Express.
DURING THE EXAM
At your appointment, during the exam you may plan to have a physical, lab work, possible vaccines and a urine test. Dr. Del Lassen and his team will test for communicable diseases such as tuberculosis, gonorrhea, and syphilis. The tuberculosis and the syphilis test are a blood test and the results can take up to a week. The Promise team will also check your records to see if you need any vaccinations.
Once test results are received & vaccination series completed, Dr. Lassen will complete the Form I-693 and seal the form in an envelope for you to submit to USCIS. The finalized paperwork will be finished approximately 7-10 days after your physical and will need to be picked up at Promise. USCIS will not accept the I-693 form if the envelope is opened or altered.
NO SHOW/CANCELLATION OF APPOINTMENT
You may cancel your scheduled appointment WITHIN 24 HOURS OF YOUR APPOINTMENT TIME by calling Promise Community Health Center at 712-722-1700. Appointments are in high demand and adherence to this policy is required. Failure to cancel or re-schedule the appointment within 24 hours of the scheduled appointment time will result in a cancellation/no show fee. This fee is non-refundable and is in addition to the cost of the visit.
LATE ARRIVAL POLICY
Patients are asked to arrive to their appointment 30 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment time with all immigration paperwork completed. This allows enough time for the registration process to be completed before the actual appointment time.
A grace period of 10 minutes will be permitted for unforeseen delays a patient may encounter while traveling to the clinic location for the their appointment. If a patient arrives more than 10 minutes late for their appointment, the patient will need to reschedule and they will be charged $225.00 late arrival fee. This is a non-refundable fee and is in addition to the cost of the visit.
MORE INFORMATION & FAQ’S
The cost of the immigration physical exam must be paid in advance to scheduling the appointment. In addition to the immigration physical exam, there may be other charges depending on what vaccinations/labs you might need and other factors. The cost is $275, if you have any questions please call 712-722-1700.
All other additional charges are due at the time of paperwork completion/pick-up. Payment can be made via VISA, MasterCard, American Express, debit card, cash, check or money order.
See the list above titled: WHAT TO BRING TO THE EXAM
Your packet may be picked up at Promise Community Health Center, 33 4th St NW, Sioux Center, Iowa. You may designate a family member or friend to pick it up for you.
YES! Your bill will need to be 100% paid before you may pick up your packet.
To receive an immigration physical you need to be residing anywhere in the United States. We have patients come from hours and states away to get their immigration Physicals at Promise Community Health Center.
What should I bring to my immigration physical?
What should I expect during my immigration physical appointment?
How long will it take to complete my immigration physical packet? Where can I pick up my packet?
What if I need to reschedule or cancel my immigration physical appointment?
How early should I arrive for my immigration physical? What happens if I am late for my appointment?
What should I keep in mind when factoring in the cost of an immigration physical?
Promise Community Health Center provides Immigration Physicals to patients in Sioux Center, Iowa located in Northwest Iowa.
Some of the cities and towns in northwest Iowa, southeast South Dakota, and southern Minnesota that patients have come from to receive their immigration physicals are :
- Akron, IA
- Alta, IA
- Alton, IA
- Beresford, SD
- Boyden, IA
- Brandon, SD
- Canton, SD
- Centerville, SD
- Cherokee, IA
- Doon, IA
- George, IA
- Granville, IA
- Harrisburg, SD
- Hawarden, IA
- Hudson, SD
- Hull, IA
- Ida Grove, IA
- Inwood, IA
- Ireton, IA
- Kingsley, IA
- Lake Park, IA
- Le Mars, IA
- Marcus, IA
- Ocheyedan, IA
- Orange City, IA
- Paullina, IA
- Primghar, IA
- Rock Rapids, IA
- Rock Valley, IA
- Sanborn, IA
- Sergeant Bluff, IA
- Sheldon, IA
- Sioux Center, IA
- Sioux City, IA
- Sioux Falls, SD
- Spencer, IA
- Spirit Lake, IA
- Storm Lake, IA
- Struble, IA
- Tea, SD
- Vermillion, SD
- Worthing, SD
- Yankton, SD