Promise Community Health Center is an
IOWA TOP WORKPLACE!
List of Available Positions - click on the position for details and apply today!
The dental assistant provides dental care, dental office support, entry of data and clinical notes into the electronic dental record for the dental/oral health program. The dental assistant works cooperatively with health center dental director and other members of the dental staff to provide comprehensive oral health care to the patients of Promise Community Health Center.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Prepares operatory and dental clinic areas for treatment activities by placing necessary instruments, supplies and equipment for the procedure/dental care to be provided.
- Cleans, disinfects, sterilizes and maintains dental instruments and equipment. Performs minor equipment repair; replenishes clinic supplies. Maintains list of equipment for maintenance and instrument/supply inventory.
- Assists dental providers at chair side in providing treatment to patients with varying age-related, dental health, psychosocial and cultural needs.
- Prepares, maintains, and completes patient records consistent with clinic policies and procedure. dentist and hygienist schedules and registration rosters.
- Performs direct patient care as delegated by the dentist and in accordance with the state practice act, including tooth polishing, vital sign measurement, fluoride application, primary impressions, lab support, and x-rays.
- Provides patient support through scheduling of appointments, responding to phone calls, and overall education of treatment.
- Maintains the electronic dental health record system, ensuring that data is entered accurately and completely to meet current standards of care.
- Provides documentation for third party dental claims and assists in following up on outstanding claims as requested.
- Attends trainings and workshops as needed to remain current in the field of dental assisting. Shares and disseminates information from trainings and workshops with dental health team.
- Performs other necessary duties as assigned.
Excellent communication skills.
Basic office skills such as typing and filing.
Good organizational skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
One year of clinical dental assistant experience is preferred.
Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
Must have the ability to work as a team member, establishing effective relationships with patients and staff.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to sit for long periods of time, is required to use routine office equipment to talk, hear, write, and read small print.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Possible exposure to airborne and blood borne pathogens & hazardous materials. All Promise facilities are smoke free environments.
Physician will provide primary health care services to patients and families in accordance with health care plans mutually established by provider and patient, and will follow policies, procedures and protocols established by Promise.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Diagnose and treat health problems and injuries by conducting physical examinations with a focus on preventative care.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic studies to assist with diagnosing, treating, and monitoring chronic and acute diseases.
- Conducts developmental screening and immunizations for well child care, utilizing tools/screening instruments as per FQHC standards of care.
- Designs, implements, and evaluates plans of care resulting from assessment of physical, psychological, emotional, societal, and environmental needs of patients.
- Demonstrates and promotes the role of physician and Promise through teaching, modeling, educating, and counseling of preventative health services utilizing self-care skills.
- Exhibits knowledge of FQHC Health Care measures by meeting service productivity and performance standards aligned with FQHC guidelines, while seeking opportunities to promote Promise’s mission through outreach.
- Completes timely and essential correspondence, phone calls, and dictated letters to patients and referring physicians in keeping with patient centered medical home standards, using standard documentation of medical records as reference.
- Improves patient outcomes by utilizing evidence-based guidelines and participating in quality improvement activities to enhance quality care, patient satisfaction, and staff morale.
- Completes and submits charge tickets for daily services; complies with billing process, policies and visit standards necessary to secure 3rd party and patient reimbursement for health care services rendered.
- Attends Promise meetings, in-service offerings, and participates in assigned Promise committees and events.
- Pursues educational opportunities to improve knowledge and skills resulting in superior patient care.
- Demonstrates ability to consistently perform job duties as outlined in the job description.
- Demonstrates and supports service excellence standards outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and competence.
- Completes classes and certifications 100% of the time. Respects patient confidentiality 100% of the time.
- Handwriting is legible 100% of the time.
- Improves knowledge and skills to provide superior patient care. Seeks additional education as recommended by Promise.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE:
- Licensed to practice as a medical doctor in Iowa.
- Graduate of an accredited medical school.
- One year of clinical experience recommended – experience in community health care preferred
- Must have the ability to work as a team member, establishing effective relationships with practice and staff. Must be able to work well with low income populations in a respectful manner.
Full-time employees (minimum of 30 hours) are eligible for all benefits. Part-time employees are eligible for everything listed, excluding: Health/Dental/Vision/Loan Repayment.
Promise is an Equal Opportunity Institution and does not discriminate against any person in employment, admission, treatment, or participation in its programs and benefits on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, ability to speak English, disability, sex, age, or marital status. Persons alleging unequal treatment should contact the co-Chief Executive Officer.
LOAN REPAYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Promise Community Health Center is an approved National Health Service Corps site. Primary care medical, dental and mental health clinicians can receive repayment of loans in exchange for a two-year commitment to work at an approved NHSC site, such as Promise, that reaches under-served populations in high-need areas. Promise has had several staff members participate in the NHSC program throughout the years.