Job Summary: As a member of the interdisciplinary healthcare team at Promise, the Nurse Health Coach will provide coaching, education, and support to patients, families, and their support systems to improve the health and well-being of all persons.
FULL TIME – 36 HOURS
SALARY RANGE: Hourly Position
REPORTS TO: Population Health Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as an educator on chronic health conditions
- Provide coaching to support patients in improved health and well-being
- Utilize motivational interviewing to empower patients to make changes in their self-care
- Develop patient education that meets the patient’s unique cultural and linguistic needs
- Refer patients to other programs and departments
- Other duties as assigned
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Able to manage stress successfully
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient computer, typing and data entry abilities
- Consistent attention to detail and organization skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing required; License to practice Nursing in Iowa.
- One to two years of practice, preferably in community health preferred.
- Certified as a Health Coach (within 6 months of hire date)
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to sit for long periods of time
Full-time employees (minimum of 30 hours) are eligible for all benefits.
Part-time employees are eligible for everything listed, excluding: Health/Dental/Vision/Loan Repayment.
Possible exposure to airborne and blood borne pathogens & hazardous materials.
All Promise facilities are smoke free environments.
Promise is an Equal Opportunity Institution and does not discriminate against any person in employment, admission, treatment, or participation in its programs and benefits on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, ability to speak English, disability, sex, age, or marital status. Persons alleging unequal treatment should contact the co-Chief Executive Officer.