Job Summary: The Mental Health Therapist will provide integrated, team-based mental health care services at Promise CHC. The Mental Health Therapist will counsel individuals and/or groups to assist them in dealing with mental health disorders, substance abuse, opioid abuse, physical illness, poverty, unemployment, and trauma. The Mental Health Therapist will meet with patients regularly to provide counseling and treatment plans as necessary.
PART-TIME OR FULL-TIME
SALARY RANGE: Hourly Position
REPORTS TO: CEO
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Counsels patients in individual or group sessions to assist them in dealing with personal issues, substance abuse, opioid dependency, mental or physical illness, poverty, unemployment, or physical abuse.
- Conducts assessments, trains other professionals at Promise CHC to equip them with tools to effectively screen and assess for co-occurring mental health and substance abuse disorders.
- Collaborates with counselors, physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses and all members of the health care team to plan and coordinate treatment, drawing on social work experience and patient’s needs.
- Refers patients or families to community resources for housing or treatment to assist in recovery from mental or physical illness, and addiction disorders.
- Educate(s) patients or community members about mental or physical illness, abuse, medication, or available community resources- specific to opioid dependency, abuse and treatment.
- Document care and services in the patient’s electronic health record so as to reflect service delivery and outcome of service coordination and care to patients receiving integrated mental health and substance abuse services. Able to develop goals and plans for the mental health and substance abuse services at Promise CHC; able to organize and prioritize duties to accomplish work.
- Serves on Quality Improvement Committee if/when input of services of mental health program is needed.
- Contributes to the outreach of Promise through active support of Promise mission and willingness to participate in Events and community-wide awareness activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Exceptional communication skills to include listening skills, interpersonal conversation, patience, and empathy.
- Ability to connect authentically with people
- Strong critical thinking skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a Master’s Degree in Social Work and be an LMSW (LISW preferred) or Master’s Degree in Counseling with LMHC licensure
- Preferred Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor
- Must have the ability to work as a team member, establishing effective relationships with patients and staff. Must be able to work well with low-income populations in a respectful manner.
- Bilingual (Spanish speaking) preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods of time and is required to use routine office equipment.
Full-time employees (minimum of 30 hours) are eligible for all benefits.
Part-time employees are eligible for everything listed, excluding: Health/Dental/Vision/Loan Repayment.
Possible exposure to airborne and blood borne pathogens & hazardous materials.
All Promise facilities are smoke free environments.
Promise is an Equal Opportunity Institution and does not discriminate against any person in employment, admission, treatment, or participation in its programs and benefits on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, ability to speak English, disability, sex, age, or marital status. Persons alleging unequal treatment should contact the co-Chief Executive Officer.