Job Summary: The Promise Clinic Nurse provides nursing care to patients and families in accordance with the health care plan, policies, procedures, and protocols established by Promise.
24 TOTAL HOURS: 3 days a week
SALARY RANGE: Hourly Position
REPORTS TO: Director of Clinical Services
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Anticipates and prepares exam room for the provider(s) when needed, capturing teachable moments for the patient wherever and whenever possible.
- Greets and escorts patients and families to exam rooms for provider visits.
- Reviews health history with a focus on environment, self-care, and home/community needs.
- Collaborates with members of the health care team/patient/family to assess, develop, implement, and evaluate an interdisciplinary plan of care, revising the plan according to changes in patient status.
- Seeks opportunities to promote health and wellness with patient education and screening tools. (i.e. Ages and Stages, Depression screening).
- Administers meds when needed and performs provider-ordered tests.
- Assists with orientation and education of new employees, ensuring their understanding of health center competencies.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Able to manage stress successfully.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently.
- Excellent computer and typing skills.
- Able to establish effective relationships with patients and staff.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Current license to practice Nursing in the state of Iowa
- One to two years of nursing experience preferred
Medical Benefits (Wellmark)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Dental Benefits (Wellmark)
401K with Company Match
Loan Repayment (for identified positions)
Full-time employees (minimum of 30 hours) are eligible for all benefits.
Part-time employees are eligible for everything listed, excluding: Health/Dental/Vision/Loan Repayment.
Possible exposure to airborne and blood borne pathogens & hazardous materials.
All Promise facilities are smoke free environments.
Promise is an Equal Opportunity Institution and does not discriminate against any person in employment, admission, treatment, or participation in its programs and benefits on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, ability to speak English, disability, sex, age, or marital status. Persons alleging unequal treatment should contact the co-Chief Executive Officer.