Job Summary: Certified Nurse Midwives will provide prenatal care and primary health care services to patients and families in accordance with health care plans mutually established by practitioner and patient, and will follow policies, procedures and protocols established by Promise.
PART TIME OR FULL TIME
SALARY RANGE: Hourly Position
REPORTS TO: Medical Director/Executive Director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtains patient history and performs physical examination. Orders and interprets diagnostic studies, prescribes medications and treatments with an emphasis on preventive health.
- Designs, implements and evaluates plans of care, utilizing sound clinical judgment. Assesses physical, psychological, emotional, social, and environmental needs of patients.
- Supports women and families in preparing for childbirth and with regard to birth options during pregnancy and preparation for childbirth.
- Articulates knowledge of FQHC health care measures and clinical standards of care. Articulates the mission of Promise and seeks opportunities to promote the Center’s mission through outreach.
- Demonstrates importance of preventive health services and recommends preventive health measures for patients and families in developing health care plans.
- Provides family planning services in collaboration with all members of the health care team and community partners.
- Promotes the role of Certified Nurse Midwife, and Promise through healthy behaviors, healthy lifestyle self-care skills, as well as through education and counseling.
- Meets required standards in documentation of the medical record. Completes all correspondence in a timely manner, making p hone or other contacts to patients and referring medical providers as needed to assure that standards of patient centered medical home are met for Promise patients.
- Effectively utilizes community resources for Promise patients by informing families, using resources and referring patients and families.
- Participates in peer review and constructively works toward improving patient outcomes using evidence-based guidelines; participates in quality improvement activities to improve quality care, patient satisfaction and staff morale.
- Completes and submits charge tickets for daily services; complies with billing process, policies and visit standards necessary to secure 3rd party and patient reimbursement for health care services rendered.
- Attends Promise meetings, in-service offerings and participates in assigned Promise committees and events.
- Committed to the PCMH model of care, including but not limited to open access, empanelment and EMR implementation.
- Meets productivity and performance standards as per FQHC standards.
- Demonstrates ability to consistently perform job duties as outlined in the job description.
- Demonstrates and supports service excellence standards outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and competence.
- Completes classes and certifications 100% of the time. Respects patient confidentiality 100% of the time.
- Handwriting is legible 100% of the time.
- Improves knowledge and skills to provide superior patient care. Seeks additional education as recommended by Promise.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Licensed to practice as a Certified Nurse Midwife in Iowa.
- Graduate of an accredited masters level Nurse Practitioner Program.
- One year of clinical experience recommended. Labor and Delivery experience preferred
- Bilingual preferred.
- Must have the ability to work as a team member, establishing effective relationships with practice and staff. Must be able to work well with low income populations in a respectful manner.
Full-time employees (minimum of 30 hours) are eligible for all benefits.
Part-time employees are eligible for everything listed, excluding: Health/Dental/Vision/Loan Repayment.
Possible exposure to airborne and blood borne pathogens & hazardous materials.
All Promise facilities are smoke free environments.
Promise is an Equal Opportunity Institution and does not discriminate against any person in employment, admission, treatment, or participation in its programs and benefits on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, ability to speak English, disability, sex, age, or marital status. Persons alleging unequal treatment should contact the co-Chief Executive Officer.