Job Summary: The Promise Patient Access Representative/Receptionist ensures that all persons contacting the clinic via phone or in person will be greeted and will receive prompt customer service. The Promise Dental Scheduler is responsible for a range of office duties that support the dental (and other) programs at Promise CHC.
SALARY RANGE: Hourly Position
REPORTS TO: Dental Coordinator
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet and serve all patients as they arrive.
- Schedules, confirms and registers patients.
- Answers patient questions regarding billing, insurance, Medicaid, and health care concerns, as well as establishes financial eligibility, and relays information to appropriate program staff.
- Refers patients to the outreach staff for assistance as needed with Medicaid, hawk-I, marketplace, and other community resources or patient assistance programs as needed.
- Provides accurate information to callers and the public about Promise CHC services & fees.
- Obtains and verifies demographic data from patients as they enter the facility. Assures the confidentiality and accuracy of patient’s financial and health records.
- Records receipts of payments from patients into the system. Handles petty cash for the facility. Accounts for cash received prior to the end of shift reconciles cash drawer and prepares for deposit.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service and leadership skills.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently.
- Excellent computer and typing skills.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish speaking).
- Must have the ability to work as a team member, establishing effective relationships with patients and staff.
- Must be able to work with various socioeconomic classes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand for long periods of time.
Full-time employees (minimum of 30 hours) are eligible for all benefits.
Part-time employees are eligible for everything listed, excluding: Health/Dental/Vision/Loan Repayment.
Possible exposure to airborne and blood borne pathogens & hazardous materials.
All Promise facilities are smoke free environments.
Promise is an Equal Opportunity Institution and does not discriminate against any person in employment, admission, treatment, or participation in its programs and benefits on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, ability to speak English, disability, sex, age, or marital status. Persons alleging unequal treatment should contact the co-Chief Executive Officer.