Job Summary: Physician will provide primary health care services to patients and families in accordance with health care plans mutually established by provider and patient, and will follow policies, procedures, and protocols established by Promise.
SALARY RANGE: Hourly Position
REPORTS TO: CEO – Emily Tuschen
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Diagnose and treat health problems and injuries by conducting physical examinations with a focus on preventative care.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic studies to assist with diagnosing, treating, and monitoring chronic and acute diseases.
- Conducts developmental screening and immunizations for well child care, utilizing tools/screening instruments as per FQHC standards of care.
- Designs, implements, and evaluates plans of care resulting from assessment of physical, psychological, emotional, societal, and environmental needs of patients.
- Demonstrates and promotes the role of physician and Promise through teaching, modeling, educating, and counseling of preventative health services utilizing self-care skills.
- Exhibits knowledge of FQHC Health Care measures by meeting service productivity and performance standards aligned with FQHC guidelines while seeking opportunities to promote Promise’s mission through outreach.
- Completes timely and essential correspondence, phone calls, and dictated letters to patients and referring physicians in keeping with patient-centered medical home standards, using standard documentation of medical records as reference.
- Improves patient outcomes by utilizing evidence-based guidelines and participating in quality improvement activities to enhance quality care, patient satisfaction, and staff morale.
- Completes and submits charge tickets for daily services; complies with the billing process, policies and visit standards necessary to secure 3rd party and patient reimbursement for health care services rendered.
- Attends Promise meetings and in-service offerings, and participates in assigned Promise committees and events.
- Pursues educational opportunities to improve knowledge and skills resulting in superior patient care.
- Demonstrates ability to consistently perform job duties as outlined in the job description.
- Demonstrates and supports service excellence standards outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and competence.
- Completes classes and certifications 100% of the time. Respects patient confidentiality 100% of the time.
- Handwriting is legible 100% of the time.
- Improves knowledge and skills to provide superior patient care. Seeks additional education as recommended by Promise.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Licensed to practice as a medical doctor in Iowa.
- Graduate of an accredited medical school.
- One year of clinical experience recommended – experience in community health care preferred
- Must have the ability to work as a team member, establishing effective relationships with practice and staff. Must be able to work well with low income populations in a respectful manner.
Medical Benefits (Wellmark)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Dental Benefits (Wellmark)
401K with Company Match
Loan Repayment (for identified positions)
Full-time employees (minimum of 30 hours) are eligible for all benefits.
Part-time employees are eligible for everything listed, excluding: Health/Dental/Vision/Loan Repayment.
Possible exposure to airborne and blood borne pathogens & hazardous materials.
All Promise facilities are smoke free environments.
Promise is an Equal Opportunity Institution and does not discriminate against any person in employment, admission, treatment, or participation in its programs and benefits on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, ability to speak English, disability, sex, age, or marital status. Persons alleging unequal treatment should contact the co-Chief Executive Officer.
LOAN REPAYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Promise Community Health Center is an approved National Health Service Corps site. Primary care medical, dental and mental health clinicians can receive repayment of loans in exchange for a two-year commitment to work at an approved NHSC site, such as Promise, that reaches under-served populations in high-need areas. Promise has had several staff members participate in the NHSC program throughout the years.