Job Summary: Assists in the delivery of primary health care services and client care management in a fast-paced office setting. Under the supervision of the medical provider, participates in providing health promotion, health maintenance, and illness management.
SALARY RANGE: Hourly Position
REPORTS TO: Director of Clinical Services
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Anticipate and prepare exam rooms for the provider(s) when needed.
- Greet and escorts patients and families to exam rooms for provider visits.
- Prepare patient in exam room by obtaining vitals, updating medical history, medications, and allergies.
- Document all screening information electronically in chart in an accurate, thorough, and timely manner.
- Draw, label, record, and completes lab orders for in-house lab tests.
- Clean and sterilize all equipment and exam room items according to OSHA and blood born pathogen protocols.
- Assist the provider by reviewing patient charts and identifying any gaps in care and outstanding orders according to best practice guidelines.
- Communicate test results to patient as well as provides educational materials and resources to the patient as directed by the provider.
- Successful completion of initial and biennial competency assessments.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Able to manage stress successfully.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently.
- Excellent computer and typing skills.
- Able to establish effective relationships with patients and staff.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand for long periods of time.
Medical Benefits (Wellmark)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Dental Benefits (Wellmark)
401K with Company Match
Loan Repayment (for identified positions)
Full-time employees (minimum of 30 hours) are eligible for all benefits.
Part-time employees are eligible for everything listed, excluding: Health/Dental/Vision/Loan Repayment.
Possible exposure to airborne and blood borne pathogens & hazardous materials.
All Promise facilities are smoke free environments.
Promise is an Equal Opportunity Institution and does not discriminate against any person in employment, admission, treatment, or participation in its programs and benefits on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, ability to speak English, disability, sex, age, or marital status. Persons alleging unequal treatment should contact the co-Chief Executive Officer.