Job Summary: The Population Health Program manager is a member of the interdisciplinary health team at Promise. The Population Health Manager will work as the Project Director for the Population Health Program project and is responsible for the day to day grant activities as well as the program direction and all grant activities and reporting requirements. This includes oversight, direction and coordination of the Population Health Team. The Population Health Manager works closely with the Data and Compliance Specialist, the Medical Director and with the senior leadership team (SLT) in developing, managing, and implementing policies and protocols for improved chronic disease outcomes, improved delivery of care and improved community access of preventative services.
REPORTS TO: CEO – Emily Tuschen
SALARY RANGE: Hourly Position
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs the Population Health team in the implementation of the Population Health Project as outlined in the HRSA- small health center QI grant.
- Is directly responsible for the hiring and oversight of the Nurse Health Coaches and Project Navigator. Is responsible for the training and performance evaluation of program staff who she/he supervises.
- Develops clear and comprehensive job descriptions for the members of the Population Health Program, including the Nurse Health coaches and Patient Navigator as well as provides oversight of the roles and responsibilities of these positions.
- Is a liaison on the Quality Improvement committee to ensure that PIMS measures and grant specific measures are in place, and that benchmarks for quality improvement activities are kept. Conveys QI findings to the clinical staff and works with the team on developing QI change processes.
- Works alongside the Data & Compliance Specialist to determine and customize reports needed for the monitoring for PIMS and project- specific measures.
- Implement and provide training to staff on the use of a data analytics tool for enhanced care management capabilities, integrating this into the clinical workflow process.
- Provides continual evaluation of staffing levels within the Population Health Program to ensure that the FTE’s are sufficient to support the program.
- Provides access to job specific trainings for program staff who she/he supervises, i.e. fusion training, medical interpreter training, diabetes training, etc.
- Provides culturally-sensitive services trainings, SDoH trainings and continual best practice trainings for all staff involved in the care of chronic care patients.
- Collaborate with the Data & Compliance Specialist in the utilization of the EHR for evaluation, assessment and data collection of literacy, SDoH, and other needs of the patient population currently served by Promise CHC.
- Work closely with the health coaches to create and compile a library of educational resources for low health literacy as well as patients who are illiterate.
- Identify and implement the use of patient centered care plans that focus on the use of SMART goals.
- Collaborates with Iowa Health + and follows the guidelines of the ADA/AHA in the development of policies and protocols to be followed for care management of chronic disease patients.
- Assists in the accreditation and maintenance of accreditation as an ADA facility.
- Evaluates and provides creative solutions to these barriers of patient access and utilization of preventative services.
- Works in collaboration with schools, parents and the community at large to increase preventative services across the age span.
- Meet with health officials, school nurses and businesses to offer health education and health screening opportunities to increase preventative care and decrease chronic diseases and poor health outcomes.
- Refer patients to other programs and resources if and when needed; Interact daily with team members at Promise (medical, dental, behavioral health, outreach, victim advocacy, etc.).
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing required; License to practice nursing in Iowa.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- One to two years of practice, preferably in community health preferred.
- Self-starter capable of building rapport with people, including diverse groups;
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Strong computer skills
- Certified as a Health Coach (within 6 months of hire date)
- Bilingual (Spanish speaking) preferred.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and proof of automotive liability insurance.
- Demonstrates ability to consistently perform job duties as outlined in the job description.
- Demonstrates and supports service excellence standards outlined in the Employee Policies.
- Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and competence.
- Completes classes and certifications required for job. Protects patient confidentiality 100% of the time.
- Improves knowledge and skills to provide superior patient care.
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to persons with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to sit for long periods of time, is required to use routine office equipment to talk, hear, write, read small print, reach the top of a five-drawer filing cabinet and to lift boxes of no more than 30 pounds.
Full-time employees (minimum of 30 hours) are eligible for all benefits.
Part-time employees are eligible for everything listed, excluding: Health/Dental/Vision/Loan Repayment.
Possible exposure to airborne and blood borne pathogens & hazardous materials.
All Promise facilities are smoke free environments.
Promise is an Equal Opportunity Institution and does not discriminate against any person in employment, admission, treatment, or participation in its programs and benefits on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, ability to speak English, disability, sex, age, or marital status. Persons alleging unequal treatment should contact the co-Chief Executive Officer.
LOAN REPAYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Promise Community Health Center is an approved National Health Service Corps site. Primary care medical, dental and mental health clinicians can receive repayment of loans in exchange for a two-year commitment to work at an approved NHSC site, such as Promise, that reaches under-served populations in high-need areas. Promise has had several staff members participate in the NHSC program throughout the years.